The goal of marketing is to convince a potential consumer to do business with your company. Whether that means buying a product or committing to a service, you want to show them that working with you is the best decision. That means putting your business in front of the right audience that is more inclined to convert.
Unfortunately, not everyone is ready to buy. Roughly 96% of those who visit your site are not prepared to make a purchase yet. However, that does not mean these consumers won’t be in the future. While you still get that 4% who are willing and ready to convert, that remaining 96% is not lost. You can bring them back with the help of retargeting.
Retargeting puts your brand back in front of those consumers who showed interest in your business but didn’t make a purchase. The goal of retargeting is to convince consumers to reconsider what your business has to offer.
Retargeting campaigns are the best way of reminding interested consumers of your products and services. Just because they left your site does not mean that lead is lost forever. Retargeting campaigns exist to funnel them back to your website.
ARYU Advertising understands that not everyone is willing to buy when they visit your site. ARYU also recognizes that you can still convert these individuals with the help of a well-crafted retargeting campaign.
What is Retargeting?
Retargeting campaigns operate much differently than other ad campaigns. Most campaigns are broader and reach a wider audience. While this audience is often still your target audience, it is not near as specific to the user as retargeting can be.
With a retargeting campaign, you can target potential customers who have shown interest in your business either by clicking an ad or visiting your site. These consumers are already familiar with your brand, who you are, and your website. They have shown their interest in the past.
The path of a retargeting campaign goes as follows:
- A potential customer visits your site.
- They leave your site without completing a purchase.
- They get back online at a later date.
- Your retargeting ad reminds them of your business and brings them back.
- The customer returns to your site and completes a purchase.
Retargeting ads allow you to target specific visitors with ads tailored to convince them to convert. These ads work because the customers that are seeing them have already expressed interest in your brand, meaning they have already thought about completing a purchase. These ads exist to nudge them in the right direction.
You can run retargeting campaigns on Google Ads, Facebook retargeting, LinkedIn Ads, and much more. Not only do these ads boost your brand awareness, but they have also proven far more cost-effective.
How It Works
There are a few ways you can retarget customers. For one, you can use list-based retargeting. You use a list of existing customers or visitors to your site that provided you with an email address. You can show them specific ads, such as prompting a person with a free trial to upgrade to a paid plan.
When they leave your website to browse the web, the pixel provides information to providers like Google AdWords, letting them know these users should start seeing your ads. Using pixel-based retargeting ensures that the people viewing your ads have been to your website or clicked through to a landing page. Additionally, these pixel-based ads start immediately.
The Benefits of Retargeting Campaigns
Running retargeting campaigns is one of the easiest ways to funnel in customers to your site. These customers have shown interest in your business before, either from clicking an ad or visiting your site themselves. That means they are more likely to complete conversions in the future.
There are plenty of other benefits you should be aware of, such as:
- Consumers Look for Retailers They Know: Around 70% of consumers search for retailers they know when searching for products. It usually takes between 6-8 touches before a customer decides to complete a purchase because consumers want to be familiar with a business before they convert. Retargeting ads ensure they know who you are.
- Boosts Brand Awareness: Much like the last section, retargeting campaigns increase your brand awareness. They keep your business in front of potential customers, keeping your brand at the front of their minds. These ads keep your business relevant.
- Increases ROI: The UK’s largest watch dealer (Watchfinder) achieved a 1,300% ROI after starting a retargeting campaign with Google. With the help of these ads, Watchfinder was able to put their brand in front of potential customers that led to conversions.
Here are a handful of useful statistics that show how effective retargeting ads can be:
- Website visitors who see retargeted display ads are 70% more likely to convert on a business’s website.
- Retargeted customers are three times more likely to click on your ad than those who have had no interactions with your business in the past.
- You can increase your branded search results with retargeting by at least 500%.
- Retargeting campaigns can result in a 147% increase in average conversion rates.
- Retargeting campaigns can increase the traffic to your site up to 700%.
- 68% of ad agencies are allocating a large portion of their budget to retargeting.
As you can see, these campaigns can improve the overall effectiveness of a marketing campaign, as well as lead to improved success for your business.
Retargeting is one of the simplest and most effective marketing tactics available to marketers. Not only will it boost brand awareness, but it also leads to a higher ROI. It would be in the benefits of all businesses to use retargeting into their marketing campaigns.
If you are looking to funnel in potential customers to your site that are more likely to convert, give ARYU Advertising a call today and let us help you grow your business.