Experts agree: a strong content marketing strategy is an excellent way to generate leads for your business. But simply publishing stuff online for the sake of content marketing won’t be effective unless you have a solid marketing plan in place that aligns with your customer’s needs and desires.
Content marketing is more than filling your website pages with words or posting on social media. The best content marketing strategies share relevant information with the target audience, offering valuable and interesting insights so that you can build relationships with these people over time.
In this article, you will learn more about designing an effective content marketing plan using lead-generating content that not only brings in website visitors, but turns them into buyers.
How a Content Marketing Strategy Helps with Generating Leads
The goal with lead-generating content is to show how your business is the authority in the industry and why customers should buy from you. But this process takes time, because ultimately content marketing is a way that you can develop a connection with your target demographic.
Each blog post, social media status, video, and other pieces of content provide the viewer with a snippet of information that captures their attention and offers value. In addition to sharing information about your business and services, it’s also a great way to offer tips, advice, and entertainment.
Additionally, a good content marketing strategy encourages people to come back to your website over and over again. When current and potential customers are visiting your website regularly, it increases the likelihood that they will purchase at some point. This engagement is a great way to keep your brand at the top-of-mind, so customers know where to go when they are ready to make a purchase.
Tips for Lead-Generating Content
What’s the best approach to build a content marketing strategy that works? Here are a few tips to improve your current strategy or to start a new marketing plan:
- Know Your Target Audience: In order to create content that resonates with the right people, you need to know who you are interacting with. What are the fundamentals of your audience’s needs? Create a buyer persona so you have a clear vision of who you are communicating with every time you publish something new online.
- Consistent Publishing: One blog post or a few social media updates are a good place to start, but you aren’t going to see measurable results from just a few pieces of content. The key to generating leads is to make sure that you are publishing regularly. Set up a publishing schedule so you know when the content is going out. Consider creating topic themes or content series to keep people engaged in the ongoing messages you are sharing.
- Schedule in Advance: It can be stressful to keep up with a content marketing plan, especially if you are always trying to write the content on-the-spot. One way to streamline the process is to create the content in batches. For example, you might create content for a week or two at a time, then schedule it to be published in the upcoming days. This way, you don’t have to remember to log into your website or jump onto social media when it’s time to publish the content.
- Promoting the Content: Once you have a new piece of content online, look for ways to promote it on different digital channels. You can leverage a single piece of content to maximize the benefits and reach as many people as possible. For example, publish a blog post, then share the link to that post on your social media channels and newsletter. This approach ensures that your content is seen by your current audience.
- Quality Over Quantity: The only way people are going to engage in the content you are sharing is if they see value in the information. If you are sharing boring or uninteresting content, then people will leave your website quickly. So, if you need to choose between publishing a lot of content or just a few high-quality pieces, always stick with quality over quantity. Remember: every piece of content that you publish is a reflection of your business brand.
- Consider Search Intent: If you are hoping for the content to rank in the search engines, then think about the search intent of these visitors. For example, if people are searching for free information or tutorials, then there is a low likelihood that they will purchase your services. So, select target keywords and topics that are aligned with customers who are ready to buy what you are offering.
- Personalize Whenever Possible: There are many ways that content can be personalized to speak to your audience. Something as simple as adding a customer’s first name in an email or creating a responsive funnel based on the buyer persona can increase your conversion rates.
- Use Visuals: While words are always good, don’t forget to include visuals in your content marketing strategy. For example, videos, infographics, and images can make your message “pop” and capture the attention of your target audience. Ideally, use a combination of both text and visuals to appeal to a wider range of people.
A Content Marketing Strategy is Essential for Every Business
Regardless of your industry, it’s important that you are proactive with publishing lead-generating content online. Small businesses and large corporations alike can benefit from regular content publishing as a way to connect with their target customers.
Not only do you gain immediate benefits from content marketing, but these digital assets can bring in leads in the future. When you are publishing regularly, you are casting a broader net that expands your digital footprint and brings in more customers who are interested in the services you are offering.
If you need help with your content marketing strategy, then it’s time to talk to our expert team at ARYU Advertising. We offer full-service marketing solutions for businesses of all sizes. Contact us right away to schedule a consultation to learn more about the ways our strategies can boost your revenue by bringing in more leads.