The holiday shopping season is in full swing, giving retailers the perfect opportunity to boost their annual revenue before the end of the year. Are you using digital marketing to connect with customers who are searching for your products and services? PPC ads are a great way to drive traffic to your website and maximize ROI.
With Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising, you have the option to turn your ads on and off at any point. This on-demand traffic source is a great way to keep customers coming to your website, promote your products, and increase overall sales. Depending on your industry and business, it might make sense to allocate a large portion of your marketing budget to PPC ads.
How PPC Advertising Works
When you are running PPC ads, it means that your advertisement is displaying on another website – such as the Google search results, a social media platform, or more. Each time someone clicks through the ad, then you pay a small fee. Then nice thing about PPC advertising is that you can maximize ROI because you are only paying when people click on the ads to learn more about your products and services.
A strategic PPC strategy can be challenging to design. But it’s worth the time and money because of the potential outcome and increased sales. Since it’s the holiday season, it’s a great time to take advantage of the opportunities because customers are shopping more than ever to find the perfect gifts for their loved ones.
Top PPC Platforms
One decision you will need to make is choosing the platform where you are going to place your ads. There are many online spaces where you can pay for paid ads. Consider the type of customers who are spending time on those platforms. Also, do your research to evaluate potential traffic and maximize ROI.
The best approach is to use the most popular advertising platforms. Not only do they offer simple tools and have a proven history, but these websites have a lot of traffic moving through on a daily basis.
When you are choosing a PPC platform, consider these factors that can affect your results:
- Amount of traffic
- Cost per click
- Available keyword terms
- Where your target demographic is spending time
- Your advertising budget
Here are a few of the most popular and common websites to use for Pay Per Click advertising. Keep in mind that this is not a complete list – there are many other possibilities. But we are listing some of the top options so you know where other businesses have found success with their own PPC advertising:
- Google Ads: Showing your ad in the Google search results is a powerful way to connect with your target demographic. People of all ages use Google regularly, and it’s estimated that there are 90,000 searches every SECOND of the day. So, there are plenty of opportunities to advertise your products and services through Google.
- Bing Ads: Bing is a search engine, similar to Google. Even though the traffic isn’t as high, there are still opportunities to maximize ROI through Bing PPC ads. One of the benefits of placing your ads in Bing is that the per-click cost is a bit lower compared to Google.
- Facebook Ads: There’s no question that Facebook is the most popular social media site, with an active user base of nearly 3 billion people. When you are using Facebook ads, it’s easy to refine your advertising because you can use targeting options such as location, demographics, interests, and behaviors.
- AdRoll: If you want to maximize ROI, then retargeting is an excellent strategy. This method allows you to show ads to people who have already visited your website or social media profiles. For example, if someone views a specific product on your website, then you can show related display ads when they are on other websites.
Is Pay Per Click (PPC) Right for You?
Every business and industry are unique, which is why there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for digital marketing. It’s important to consider your unique goals and how your target audience is going to respond to your ads.
Here are some of the benefits of dedicating a portion of your marketing budget to PPC ads:
- Cost effective results, helping you manage spending and maximize ROI.
- Immediate traffic as soon as you start paying for the ads.
- Quality data and insights, helping you see which ads are performing optimally.
- Filters and targeting to ensure the ads are only showing to your target demographic.
- Stay relevant in the search engines and ensure customers are seeing your brand.
- Increase sales by bringing more people to your website.
- Manage your spending with the ability to adjust your budget any time.
- Only pay when people are clicking on your ads.
- Increase brand recognition.
If you are thinking about starting a new PPC campaign, then consider talking to an experienced digital marketing team for more information. There is a steep learning curve to design effective PPC ads and maximize ROI. So, it’s worth the investment to hire a pro marketer for assistance.
Best Practices for Designing an Effective PPC Campaign
As you are getting started with PPC, follow these best practices to improve your overall results and maximize ROI:
- Always use demographic targeting to ensure that your ads are only showing to ideal customers.
- Look at ad performance data to see how the campaigns are working, then adjust your strategy to focus your budget on the most effective keywords.
- Track conversion rates to understand the Return on Investment (ROI) you are getting through the campaign.
- Try running PPC ads on different advertising platforms to see which websites are performing optimally for your brand.
- Start slow by setting a low budget. Then, you can always increase your spending when you can see which ads are working well.
- Use long-tail keywords because they have less competition and they are often cheaper compared to the more competitive keywords.
Personalized Recommendations to Maximize ROI with PPC Ads
Are you ready to get started with PPC advertising this holiday season? Then reach out to our team for personalized advice. We bring years of experience to your campaign, offering proven techniques that will put your ads in front of the ideal customers who want your products and services.
For more information, contact our team at ARYU Advertising. We will gladly schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss your needs. Contact us at your convenience to learn more about how to build your online business.