It doesn’t matter whether your business is big or small, you’ve probably figured out by now that promoting a business on social media is in your best interest. Social media has its pros and cons but overall, the pros seem to outweigh any disadvantages by a landslide.
You might be using social media already, or maybe you’ve just been thinking about making it part of your marketing strategy. Either way, some helpful hints and tips are always nice to gather along the way. Get ready to elevate your social media “know how” with just a few simple ideas. Let’s go!
Why Promoting a Business on Social Media Matters
Social media is more powerful than you may believe. Embracing and taking advantage of the various social media platforms available to you for marketing your product or services can bring business your direction that otherwise may not have been able to find you.
Cost is another big reason why social media can become your best friend. Marketing your business on social media can be done for FREE or through paid advertising opportunities. Creating a plan that makes sense for you and your business through posting videos, pictures or more, on social media can be a game changer to your marketing budget and financial success.
Social Media Platforms
You might wonder what the most widely used platforms for promoting a business on social media is. The answer is…. it depends. Knowing your audience and what platforms they are truly utilizing every day will help you make decisions as to where to put your time, effort, and money when marketing.
Facebook has about 3 billion users worldwide. Males between the ages of 25 – 34 are the largest demographic of Facebook users out there and the majority of Facebook users say they visit this social media platform on a daily basis, in many instances, several times a day.
Instagram is often thought of as the popular social media app for the younger generations. Does this mean that you shouldn’t use this platform if your main target audience is 45 and up? No way! Being sure that you’re present on all the major social media platforms in some way is important, and you might be surprised at who you reach, when you least expect it.
YouTube touts a whopping 2.56 billion users worldwide, with the average user that visits spending about 15 minutes a day viewing its content.
Pinterest is most popular with the female crowd, accounting for about 77% of users. The platform even claims that 8 out of 10 moms in America are actively using Pinterest as well. That’s quite the target audience!
Of course, there are so many other platforms that could be mentioned including LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter and more. Educating yourself about the pros and cons of each platform as well as those using it, how they are using it, and when they are using it can help you strategize and design the best marketing plan possible for your business.
Tips for Promoting a Business on Social Media
- Know your target audience and what platforms they use. Before creating any kind of marketing strategy, you need to know who your product or services are going to be used by most. Make it a point to learn about each social media platform and who is using them most so that you know where to put your initial time, energy, and funds.
- Optimize your business profile. If you want to reach your target audience, the best way to do that is by taking advantage of optimization strategies that are available to you. Always plan to be adding and improving your profile to reach exactly who you want to through hashtags, specific keywords, videos, pictures, blog posts and other content that would be interesting to your audience.
- Create quality content. This can be different for each platform you use. Posting quality information that informs, excites, or simply brings a smile to someone’s face is vital to your social media following. Making your content visually appealing is easier than ever as well. Tools like Canva can help you engage your potential customers and quickly get their attention.
- Network with influencers. Do some research about influencers in your niche and establish a good relationship with them. Influencers have already done the hard work of building their audience, and not just any audience, an audience that trusts their opinion and judgement. Having these trusted influencers endorse your brand can be a game changer in spreading the word about your business.
- Analyze and then strategize. Don’t forget to take the time to analyze what you’re doing and ensure your strategy is working. If not, re-strategize and change it up to be as effective as possible.
- Get started now. We all have good intentions of starting something great, only to let other things overtake our time and energy. Don’t wait to get your business profiles set up and simply begin. Starting is half the battle, right?
- Don’t be afraid to use a social media marketing company. If you are ready to utilize social media in the most effective ways possible, the very best way to do that is to hire a social media management company like ARYU Advertising. At ARYU Advertising, we know the ins and outs of all the social media platforms out there. We can help you strategize what platforms would be best for your company as well as when and how to post.
Don’t know how to use hashtags? Want to improve the visual elements of your posts? How about getting help with content and having someone post for you so you don’t have to even think about it? Most importantly, receive feedback on what is and isn’t working so you can strategize even more effectively. ARYU Advertising can do all of this for you, and more.
Promoting a business on social media can be overwhelming but we want to turn that stress into success. Contact us to find out more about how we can help your business grow today.